The advancements of computers has greatly help our daily lives is a fact that is undeniable. But it’s impact to our postures and lower back in another story entirely. With work hours behind a desk typing away on a keyboard is a everyday reality to many. Do this quick exercise when you feel tightness, stress, pain, headaches, pretty much if you spend more than an hour sitting you should try this:
- Gently close your eyes
- Sit up nice an tall, imagine you are reaching for something with the top of your head
- You will be taking three good deep breaths
- During your inhale roll your shoulders forward and up
- While exhaling roll your shoulders back and down
Things to think about:
- During the inhale let your rib cage float up and your belly fill
- While exhaling engage your core and squeeze your ribs to your lungs.
- Inhale through your nose exhale through your mouth
How do we feel? Better I hope! There have been various studies proving that good posture increases blood flow, decrease chance of injuries, and some studies even link good posture with better self-confidence and mood.